The holidays are about spending time with family, and nothing quite brings everyone together like a home cooked meal. Whether hosting a holiday party or a sit-down meal with the family, putting together a menu that embodies the spirit of the season and that everyone can enjoy can be tricky. So, to help make the most out of the season’s festivities and enjoy everything the holidays have to offer, we wanted to share some of our favorite family holiday recipes.
May All Your Holidays Be Merry and Bright
Between grocery shopping and preparing the house for guests, the holidays can seem stressful, but they don’t have to be. These delicious and easy-to-make recipes are sure to make your holidays merry and bright. So, if you’re looking for dishes everyone can enjoy try:
This delicious cut of meat makes the perfect main course. Tender, succulent, and easy to make, beef tenderloin is something everyone is sure to enjoy! Try out this amazing recipe courtesy of Fantabulosity.
- 4-5pound beef tenderloin (with the silver cut off)
The Braxton Rub Spice Blend:
- 1/4cup dried thyme
- 3tablespoons paprika
- 1/4cup dried rosemary
- 1/2tablespoon salt
- 1teaspoon pepper
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees.
- Rub all sides of the beef tenderloin with the Braxton Rub Spice Blend.
- Sear the tenderloin over direct heat on the grill for 15 minutes.
- Lower grill temp to 325-350, (we suggest shutting two burners off, and leave the other two on, placing the tenderloin on the side of the grill with no direct heat) and grill for another 45 minutes.
- Pull the tenderloin off of the grill when the internal temperature reaches between 120 and 125 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from grill and let sit wrapped in aluminum foil for 10-15 minutes, and serve.
- This will result in a “medium-rare” cooked beef tenderloin.
This cooking time and process gives us thick middle parts that are medium rare, and the outside edge.
Slow Cooker Scalloped Potatoes
The slow cooker is your friend during the holidays! I’m sure you will agree that the easiest recipes are those you prep, set and forget about it.
1 cup heavy cream
¼ cup chicken broth
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves
2 teaspoons garlic powder
3 pounds russet potatoes sliced ¼” thin
½ cup grated parmesan
2 ½ cups grated gruyere
- In a bowl, whisk together cream, chicken broth, nutmeg, thyme, rosemary, and garlic powder.
- Line the bottom of a slow cooker with a layer of potatoes, 1/3 cup cream mixture, ½ cup parmesan, and ½ cup gruyere. Repeat until all ingredients are used, cover and cook for 4 hours.
Nothing captures the spirit of the holidays like gingerbread cookies. Everyone is sure to love this delicious and easy-to-make recipe.
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup dark molasses
2 tablespoons white vinegar
5 cups flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cream butter until light and fluffy, gradually adding sugar.
- Beat in egg, molasses, and vinegar.
- Sift in dry ingredients and mix together.
- Divide the dough in half, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate 30 to 90 minutes.
- After the dough is done chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll the dough ½” thick and cut into desired shapes. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Decorate with icing as desired.
Happy Holidays from Mosquito Joe
Mosquito Joe wants to wish you and your family a happy holiday. We’re here to make sure no uninvited guests show up at your holiday meal, and with our signature services you’re sure to keep your home pest-free this winter. So contact us today or call us at at 513-781-9944 for your free quote.